Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

spring fever

Spring fever has hit hard around here and I'm anxious to get seeds started, pull out the spring/summer decor and put on some shorts.  Unfortunately Mother Nature is not letting go of this winter.  My friend Becky taught me how to make news paper planting boxes for starting my seeds.  It's free, green and recycled, right up my alley.
Take a double piece of news paper, fold that together then fold it in half, you'll have 4 layers of paper.  Fold each side up about 3-4" and crease.  At each corner push in the corner to form a 45 degree angle, staple this together, repeat for each side.  This is harder to write than it is to actually do, once you've done one they go together really fast.  Make them fit in standard flats, fill with potting soil and plant your seeds.  When you are ready to plant, you can throw the pot in the compost pile or just plant it into the ground. We did several dozen in a little more than an hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment