Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, February 17, 2014

DIY room deodrizer

i am always looking for ways to make our home greener, but I still want it to look clean and smell great.  Face it the bathroom can be stinky.  Store bought room deodorizers are full of nasty chemicals none should be breathing.  This one is a baking soda mixed with essential oils and flower petals.  Put it in a pretty open jar and enjoy the soft scent.  You can cover the top of the jar with a circle of paper with holes poked in it or just leave it open.  For an extra power boost when you need it add 1T of the powder before you add the petals to a 4-6 ounce spray bottle and fill with water, shake well.
I made this as a submission to Green Craft magazine so I prettied up the containers with strips of a pretty napkin glued on and cut into a circle for the canning jar.  I added a slat dough tag with the word fresh on it tied with cord for a little decoration.


No comments:

Post a Comment