Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

chalk board sign

I saw some thing similar on Pinterest so I decides to give it a try.  I hand drew my letter and scroll work onto paper and when it was to my liking I rubbed the back with chalk, taped it to my background and went over all the drawing with a pencil.  That will transfer enough of the chalk to follow with paint.  I then painted everything using a ruler and painters tape for the straight parts.  When I finished painting I gave it a couple of coats of matte spray because I was putting it on top of the cabinet over the stove..

No comments:

Post a Comment