Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, February 8, 2013

puffs

I've been making these for years because my boys love them but this batch was made by my sis Paula while she was helping me with my recuperation. These cookies are crispy, chewey and even diabetic friendly.  Of course I did mine with chocolate chips but you could use any kind of flavoring you like.  Be sure to seal in an air tight container after they cool.

4 egg whites room temp
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
2/3C sugar or mix half and half sugar and sweetener
1tsp vanilla
3/4C chocolate chips
1/2C choppped nuts optional

Beat the egg whites until foamy add sugar gradually and cream of tarter
Mix in vanilla, chips and nuts when whites form stiff peaks
Drop by rounded teaspoon on to parchment paper
Bake 250 45min then turn off the oven and let the cookies set for two hours or over night

No comments:

Post a Comment