Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

tray redo

I had picked up this ugly rusty tray at a rummage sale for .50.  I figured for that price I could stick it under a plant to catch water drips.  When I began doing projects for the kitchen/living room I changed my mind.  I loved the shape of the tray, just not the way it looked.  I painted it flat black on the back, front sides, and just a little way on the flat part.  I let it dry overnight.  I used news paper to make a pattern of the front of the tray, cut the fabric and attached with glue and 3 coats of Mod Podge.  When that was all dry added 2 rows of cotton cording just to cover the rough edges and give it a more finished look.


No comments:

Post a Comment