Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

cookie baking

I once had a sign in my kitchen that read "A messy kitchen is a sign of a great cook."  Well I must be an expert as messy as I am when I cook.  Unfortunately there is nobody to clean up except me.
Any way I made the dough for these cookies ahead of time and let the kids frost them.  They turned out great and we ate them all before I got a picture of the final product.
Thanks to Pinterest and cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com for the recipe.

Melt Away Cookies
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4C corn starch
1/2C powdered sugar
1C flour
Mix together roll into small balls, flatten with a glass dipped in sugar
350 10-12 min
Cool and frost
3oz cream cheese soft
1tsp butter
1C powdered sugar
Food coloring and sprinkles if wanted



I only got about 16 cookies out of the batch so I doubled the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment