Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

guest post flowers


I need flowers !!!
It’s January it’s cold and it’s gray, I live in Indiana what should I expect.
The need for flowers runs through me all year long so I have to find ways to have them without going to the local florist.
The first photo is of little balls of fluff. Wool roving soaked in hot water and dish soap then gently pulled patted and stretched around small Styrofoam balls left to dry overnight, then pushed onto some fallen branches from  the last storm. I also made a few little green leaves and hot glued them to the branches. The whole bunch is pushed into a big glass vase filled with water softener salt.
You could also just paint the Styrofoam balls with some puffy paint
The second photo are my favorite  button flowers use your imagination stack up some buttons run a wire through them, cover the wire with florist tape add a few leaves and you have an instant flower.
Use what you have and remember even a weed is a wild flower to someone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment