Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, January 7, 2013

bionic woman

If you are reading this on 1/7/13 this is the day I am getting a knee replacement.  The pain and discomfort had slowed me down  more than I care to be.  I think this is my body's way of saying, you better take care of yourself.  I had the other knee done three years ago.IT AIN'T FUN!!  I am looking at at least three weeks of pain, frustration, physical therapy and being housebound.  After that it's at least 3 months until you feel like your old self, just in time for gardening.  I think I'm dreading it more this time because I know what's coming.  Thank goodness I have a great team headed by God, a talented Dr and AH to take care of me.  Due to the heavy pain meds you can't be alone for a while after you get home from the hospital.  I have Andy's sister Cathy my MIL Sara and my sister Paula all coming to stay with me.  I can also call on my neighbors, church family as well as other friends for help.  AHH the advantages of living in a small town.  Posts may be spotty for the next few weeks as I get back up to normal.  Bear with me though, with all that down time I'm bound to come up with tons of new ideas.
My sis Paula and a couple of friends will occasionally be filling in.  I love haveing talented friends and family.
Keep on praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment