Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, October 19, 2015

show time

If you are regular reader you may of noticed that I had no posts last week.  They were all written and scheduled but some how I forgot to hit the publish button.  Brain fog goes with show season, way too much on my mind,


VCB had our first show this past weekend.  If you have ever visited a craft, small business or vintage show and thought I could do that, think really hard before you take the leap.  Kathy and I have been making products since early summer.  My spare room looks like a bomb went off in it and is piled high with boxes.  When the car and truck were packed I had 23 boxes of products, 5 crates of props and linens and the truck was filled with shelving and doors.  The show was close by so we did set up last Thursday night, worked the show for nine hours on Friday and five hours on Saturday plus tear  down. Add in 90 minutes per trip for travel plus the set up time and we've put in approximately 42 hours just for the one  show. Today my back is in spasms and I would really like to nap all afternoon.  I'm not winning, well maybe a little but it is hard work with no guarantee of success.  Fortunately for us this is a great show and we love the other vendors.  One of the best parts is shopping when things slow down.  I think Kathy won this round but I was close behind.

table piled high

floor piled high

New product bath fizz cones

 We always get positive feedback for our booth display.  We always dress in purple and black so repeat  customers recognize us.

Product every where.  We like to use lifts so the display doesn't look too flat.

Picket fence display shelves.  We get so many positive comments about them.  The shelves come off and the sides and back fold flat for easy transport and storage.  AH made these for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment