Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, October 30, 2015

human training

Well Gizzy has been here a little over a month  and he is making good progress in his training.  He dose sit very well most of the time and we are working on come, stay, down, off and quiet,  Like most dogs he is very motivated by food, especially chicken jerky.   He loves to play fetch and beware if you leave any article of clothing or any thing else low enough for him to reach.  I'm not sure how many socks AH is missing.  The biggest part of dog training is teaching the humans what not to do.   He's a little rough when he;s playing.  If he accidentally catches my hand with his teeth or nails I give a loud howling OWWWW!! and play stops immediately.  He always looks at me like I'm nuts but he does stop. Our biggest problem so far is getting the cats adjusted to him.  He likes to jump and bark at them.  They are not fans and will hiss, swat then run and hide from everyone.  I think he just wants to play but they are having none of it.  Time and boredom with each other will probably cure most of that.  I've been looking into obedience school but with shows and travel we are booked 5 out of the next 6 weeks.  Things will slow down after the holidays. He loves long walks which is good for AH and I both, it really helps him slow down a little.  He's a great cuddler when he wants to be.  About 8:00 at night he climbs into the chair or his crate ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment