Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, October 23, 2015

blanket scarf

I've been loving the look of the blanket scarves showing up on the internet lately but not the prices.  When I saw these soft light wool's at Joann's last week I decided to make a couple for myself and family or friends.  For the scarf shown  I bought 3 yards of fabric and split it into 2 pieces width wise.  That gave me 2 45X54" pieces.  I trimmed off the selvages and fringed all the ends which took about 20 minutes per scarf,  hint use a pin or seam ripper to help get the threads loose.  For this look I folded it into a triangle and placed the point in the front.  I pulled the ends around the neck and pulled them to the front.  I hid the ends in the folds of the scarf.  AH wasn't thrilled to be  my model but there was no one else around and the cats wouldn't sit still long enough for a picture.  I think they will make great Christmas gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment