Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, October 2, 2015

fall center piece

It's fall, at least that's what the calendar says, so it's pumpkin time.  I drug out all my dried gourds, hung wreaths on the doors and made a new decoration for the table.  I started with

 $store orange foam pumpkins.  They look tacky and cheap as is so I gave them a couple of coats of acrylic paint in whites and soft creams.  I used an old wood letter sorter I've had for years as a base.  I put a chunk of floral foam in the center of the carrier and added $store purple mums all around.  I stuck the pumpkins on pieces of wooden skewers and poked them into the foam.  A few more flowers, a raffia bow and leaves and it was finished.  Cost $12.  Looks great right now although Gizzy has already stolen a leaf and destroyed it.





No comments:

Post a Comment