Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, October 9, 2015

more soap

I think I'm done making soap for the season.  Of course I say that every year and always have to make more for special request or selling out of current favorites.  This week I made honey pumpkin spice and chocolate peppermint which started out as a failure.  
I wanted the chocolate to have curls of white sitting on top.  If the bottom soap is too hot the top layer just melts right in, if it's too cool the curls wouldn't stick.  I didn't have any of those problems.  I poured the white base, let it cool and then tried to use my peeler to make the curls.  For whatever reason the curls just crumbled into tiny pieces.  On to plan B which was pouring the white onto the much cooler chocolate then using a bamboo skewer to make tunnel for the white to go into the brown.  Not the look I'd planed but it still looks pretty cool and it smells fabulous.  Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and try not to stress out.  That's awfully hard for a control freak like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment