Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

All the crazy ladies

Mid September is usually beautiful in central Illinois.  There are many fairs and celebrations going on as well as city wide yard sales.  What's a girl to do when they all come together on the same weekend of a huge family party as well as unexpected torrential rains.  We'd already bought the tickets to the Hob Nob market, the party was under control and a little rain is not going to stop us from  finding great junk!  My running  started at 6:45 when I left to pick up my friend Kathy and take off for St Joe an hour north for the rummage sales.  We did find several brave folks who opened their sales despite the rain and chill.  We got back home about 12 and took off for the market an hour south of home.  We made a quick stop to pick up friends Kathy and Brenda.  By the time we got to Effingham it was raining so hard I could barely see the road to drive.  We did pull off and park for a while but we were determined not to let rain slow us down so we took off for the show at the local winery.  It did finally stop raining but it was a muddy, chilly mess.  The show had great vendors and the booths were full of all kinds of beautiful things.  None of us bought too much but we did fill the back of my van.  A yummy dinner at a steak house them home.  By that time my kids had arrived for the birthday party the next day.  Six dozen cup cakes needed to be frosted and two dozen sausage rolls made for breakfast and I finally could quit for the day.  Four and a half hours later I was up again ready to get the party started, but only after I made a quick trip with two of my grand daughter to another sale a few miles from home.  I found several bargains I'll share later.  It was a long and tiring weekend and I wouldn't have missed a minute of it.

Brenda wasn't waiting around in the rain for picture taking but Kathy though a tote bag made a pretty good umbrella

I was singing in the rain but I'm too short to share my umbrella with Kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment