Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, January 13, 2014

longing for spring

A week from the biggest snow/ice/cold weather we've had here in 20 years I am SO ready for spring.  With about 3 months before that will really happen I'm looking for ways to bring spring into the house.  Last fall when the spring bulbs appeared on the store shelves I grabbed several bags of tulips and daffodils for the yard and several more of paper whites and hyacinth to force inside.  I will I planted a few pots full right before Christmas and they are just starting to bloom.  They make a great centerpiece and make the house smell wonderful.  Make a note to pick up these bulbs next fall and you too can have spring flowers to brighten up your home.  I still have a few bags left and will pot those up a couple at a time to last at least through February.

a large food can covered with contact paper makes a great vase

simple centerpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment