Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, January 17, 2014

getting crafty

I've been trying my hand at the art of Zentangle for several months now and have never done anything besides my sketch book and bookmarks.  I was messing around the other day and picked up this rock to draw on.  I made sure it was clean and used a regular extra fine sharpie.  It turned out fine, the kitties think it is the best toy ever.  I've seen these rocks used at weddings for people to write on and we used them at my son Nathans wedding, with inspirational words written with a paint pen, as favors and table scatter.  About the same time I needed a clip board.  I abhor using anything plain and boring so I started doodling on the front and back.  I first painted both sides of a $store clipboard with regular acrylic paint let that dry then used several stamps for the back ground.  I would  pick it up and add a few designs whenever the mood struck me.  Zentangle is something I do when I'm watching TV or sitting in a boring situation like the doctors office.  I keep a sketch book and pen in my purse for just such occasions.  It doesn't matter that I'm not very good, at least I'm keeping my mind busy which is very good for the aging brain.















































No comments:

Post a Comment