Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, November 4, 2013

I get by with a little help from my friends


Since I have been obsessed with the preparation and attending shows, I did't have a clue about what to write  this week.  So I decided I would let you know a few things that go on behind the scenes at Vintage Cottage Beauty.
Our family and friends, who were our first guinea pigs when we started making natural beauty products, are why we have a business today.  They loved our products so much they wanted to give us money for them and insisted we start a business.   They have sampled, critiqued and told us how they felt good or bad about what we make.  They have taken pictures, made suggestions, made product with us, bagged, tagged and packaged.  They have driven miles with us searching for ideas and going to shows.  They have fed us, schlepped food and drinks and worked our booth so we could have a break.
When it came down to crunch time for the last few shows I put out the word that I could use some help.  That's all I needed to do.  I had friends come and help with all the work that goes into preparing for a big craft show.  We had two big shows back to back with only a few days in between to make replacement products.  Our husbands pitched in with label and business card making, packaging, missing meals,and helping set up and tear down.  There would be no VCB without a little help from our friends and family.

Our booth at the Assembly Hall.  I don't like the blue back drop it looks cheap, but the space was wonderful
My partner Kathy, she is calm and organized, I don't know how she puts up with me.


Kathy calls herself our chief guinea pig, she almost never misses a show and is always bringing us food and booth sitting.  We named the pink grapefruit soap after her. because she is lively and sweet.

Nina is also a  guinea pigs booth sits and has given us many great product and show ideas.  She did craft shows for years and is a wealth of great information.  We named our lemon sage soap for her because she is wise and bright.















No comments:

Post a Comment