Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

happy birthday

I don't usually post on Sundays but this is a very special Sunday.  Today is my father, Richard Kings' 90th birthday.  I have been so blessed in my life to have been given the family I have.  I have a great brother and sister and the best parents anyone could possibly have.
My father was strict, he expected us to mind and to do our best in anything we tried.  He served for decades in the Navy, first in WW2 and later moving his family all over the world, where ever the Navy sent him.  A few tours of duty saw him on a ship most of the time and his family thousands of miles away.  I'm sure that had to be tough. He has never stopped learning, graduating from college in his 80's and just recently purchasing and mastering his new Kindle. Although times were hard sometimes, we never went without any of the essentials.  As we got older if we wanted something bad enough we had to work for it.  We were taught to love God, keep our faith, do what we were told with out argument(something I often failed), respect our elders, work hard, keep learning and to always cherish our family. I would have to say my mother is the heart of our family but my father is definitely the glue. Not every one gets to celebrate birthdays with their 90 year old father, so let's party on.  Love you Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment