Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, March 27, 2015

new signs

I wanted a couple of large signs for the kitchen.  With almost 11" ceilings I needed something big.  I recycled left over plywood from the remodel project and had AH cut some 1X2 for the frames.  The table saw and router are two power tools I'm really afraid of. I sanded and base coated each of the pieces.   For the eat sign I cut strips of luan to size., painted them, formed the letters and attached with glue.  I also painted the frame white, glued and stapled it on.  For the Grocery sign I cut the letters from black card stock on my Cricut and glued them on.  I did the frame the same way. The reason I did the frames is because 1/2" plywood will warp in time if it doesn't have something to stabilize it..  All that is left is attaching hangers and putting them up..



No comments:

Post a Comment