Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

signs of spring

Winter seems like it will never leave.  Last week we woke on Sunday morning to 9" of snow and it was bitter cold most of the week.  This week it is suppose to get close to 60, can't wait.  To make the wait a little more enjoyable I stated some bulbs I had stored in my frig since last fall.  They have started to grow and a few are already in  bloom.  They do give me hope that I can be out playing in the dirt soon.

This candy cane amaryllis has 8 huge blooms on it.

Pink hyacinth is just opening and smells wonderful.  i just pushed tooth picks into the bulb and put it in a narrow glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment