Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, September 26, 2014

tool addict

I must confess I am married to a major tool addict.  If there is a special tool to buy to do a job AH has to have it even if he has a tool that may do the job.  Remember the TV show Tool Time?  That's Andy to a T.  I happened to mention that all the things I've been buying would be much easier to paint if we had a sprayer.  I'm thinking the one we have in the garage that is a pain to clean and very messy, but it does work. If we wanted to upgrade maybe the new sprayers where the paint goes into a cup and uses air pressure to work, cost $60-70.  No, the next thing I know he has ordered the Cadillac of high price hand sprayers and we are off to the big city to pick it up.  A friend tried to convince me he bought it because he loves me and wants to make my work easier.  I saw the gleam in his eyes and the rush he gets locating the best deal on the internet.  Maybe there's some love in there too but mostly it's that rush of getting a great new tool.  I'll let you know how I like it if and when I ever get a chance to use it, so far all I've done is move it off the kitchen table so we could have dinner.

Product update:  the sprayer works great.  The first time we used it we sprayed two coats on 15 different pieces in an afternoon.  The second time 10 pieces in half the time with almost no over spray.  The clean-up is the most difficult thing about the whole job.

No comments:

Post a Comment