Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, August 1, 2014

more projects


 I live on Main street in our little town and I do most of my painting projects in the drive.  There is a lot of traffic by our house and many people stop to see what I'm doing next.  There's been a lot of painting, cleaning and repairs going on the last few weeks as I prepare for the vintage show I'm doing in September.  Here are just a few of the projects in various stages.


some pieces just need a little glue

I'm not sure what this was originally, it had a strange wood piece nailed in the center that may have been a broken handle

Dark red and stain this will need a primer or 4+ coats of paint

tiny foot stool, paint and a new cover for the center pad

This is perfect with just a little repair.  It's a very unusual step stool

photo bombed again, this woven seat chair will need nothing but cleaned.


same wood box as above just 1 more coat of paint

After pic of stool below.  pale blue and we had to cut and paint a new top the original top started bubbling and looked awful.  Just a little sanding and antiquing to do.

Circus colors, primer and pale blue and it will be ready for more years of use.  Picture program was being a pain and would not let me load the after picture under this one, that's why it's above.  Some times I'd like to pick up the computer and throw out the window.







No comments:

Post a Comment