Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 25, 2014

designing fabric

When you live in a rural area shopping options are limited.  Sometimes you just have to make do with what you have or make it yourself.  I wanted fabric with words on it for a couple of projects so I made my own.  I used some heavy canvas fabric that had been washed and dried.  I drew lines with chalk because I can't write straight, looked up the lyrics to one of my favorite Beatles songs, and started writing with a permanent Sharpie.  After everything was dry I ran it through the rinse cycle on the washer just to get out the chalk.  I did the same thing with some of my favorite inspirational words on a different piece.






No comments:

Post a Comment