Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

cute little bags

A girl can never have too many tote bags for carrying all her stuff.  I found these bags at dollar tree, the colors were good but I didn't care much for the printed on graphics so I changed them up a little.  I added 3 silky roses with hot glue.  That's it, everyone including the grand daughters loves them.  I think I'll be making more in the future.

The flowers were easy.  I bought 100% polyester light silky fabric.  I cut several size circles, 2-4" the more lopsided the better.  Light a candle and run the edges of each circle through the flame.  Do it fast, just until you can tell the edges are sealed, anymore and you'll have burnt fabric, not sealed.  Layer the petals from largest to smallest making a tiny pleat in each one put it on the needle and add the next petal with the pleat going in the opposite direction. Push the needle through all the layers and secure with a couple of stitches. I used six petals per flower Sounds confusing, but after the first one, you'll get the hang of it.  I added two green leaves out of the same fabric to each flower.  When you're done add a circle of felt to the back and a barrette or pin for attaching.  On the front add a vintage button or piece of jewelry to the center to finish it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment