Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, June 5, 2015

new chair two ways

We have owned an oak glider that was at least 20 years old when we got it for decades.  It was starting to make grunting and groaning sounds and the cushions were in a sad state.  It would have cost way more to fix it up than I was willing to spend on a 35+ year old chair.  So off it went to the Habitat Restore after I found this little beauty at the same place.  For $60 it is the perfect replacement.  It is very comfy and the colors go with my other furniture. For summer I have thrown a soft aqua bed spread over it to blend in with all the creams and aqua I'm using this time of year.  I will make a quick throw cover for the ottoman but for now a small throw works.  If I'm tired of it in a few years I won't feel bad about changing it out.  The kitties think it's theirs and it is almost never is empty.



No comments:

Post a Comment