Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

scarf attack

When the wind starts blowing and the air gets colder I go into scarf making mode.  These are couple I've made recently.

The base of this scarf is a chain about 60" long slip stitched together to form a ring.  I then cut pieces of yarn 6-8" long and half hitched them approximately every 2".  I bought the yarn at the Idea Store for a dollar and used most of the skein.  It took about two hours to make, most of that was cutting and attaching the yarn to the chain.




This scarf almost looks like a feather boa and my cats think it is their new bed.  For the base of this scarf I made a chain from grey tee shirt yarn and attached the pieces a little closer together than the scarf above.  Easy.  The yarn is called eyelash and I bought a black and sliver skein to mix together.  I have plenty of yarn left to make at least two more scarves, I think I spent $6-7 for the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment