Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, April 14, 2014

cannoli strawberries

I love cannoli so when I saw this recipe I had to give it a try.  It was easier to make and a lot more healthy.
  3/4C ricotta cheese
2-4T powdered sugar to taste
1/2tsp vanilla
1 qt strawberries, washed, dried, stems and core removed
Mix everything but the strawberries and chips and put into a small plastic bag.  Cut off the tip of the bag and pipe mix into the hole you made when you cored the berries. Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips.
Note:  These were pretty and tasted great but the filling was skimpy and started oozing out before I served them.  You could fill them just before serving or just make the mix and use it as a dip.  I would also use mini chocolate chips next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment