Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

ribbons

Sometimes if I'm making a project I don't have the right little touch to make it look great.  That happened when I didn't have the right printed ribbon for a project.  So I made my own.  Tear strips of muslin in the width you want.  I varied mine for more selection.  Rinse and them dye with fabric dye, watered paint or food coloring, this won't be water safe but will work great for anything you won't wash or get wet.  I even used strong coffee to dye a few.  I mixed up the dye in quart zip bags and added my strips.  Wring the ribbons out and let dry.  Stamp with words that have meaning to you and start crafting.  Use Stazon ink for the best results.



No comments:

Post a Comment