Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

sign of the times

The holidays will be here before you know it, shopping for those days has already begun.  In between prepping for our VCB shows I have been busy getting furniture ready to take to the consignment store and cranking out signs.  Home Again is very careful about protecting their artists work.  I make all the big signs because I was the first to have them, I can't do windows except in a couple of ways because someone else was already doing them.  I like the idea that the shop won't be filled with people doing all the same things.  Here are just a couple of my holiday signs.

This is neutral enough to be left out for the entire fall season.  It can hang or be propped against a wall.

Luan, stencils, free hand holly and stain make a great holiday sign.  The frame is 1X strips stapled to the board for rigidity.  The small print says wishing you. and it is 2'X2'.

I've sold several of these signs in the last couple of years.  Instead of leaving just the black painted letters I went over the stencils with silver after the black was dry.  I love the little bit of shimmer.  I usually toss a Santa hat on the top corner for a pop of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment