Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, May 4, 2015

kitchen updates

We are getting down to the small things that you really don't notice in the kitchen, but are really convenient for the cook.  We should be done with the can cabinet and  table light by the end of the day.  I think we've made our last large weekly payment to Menards and we should have everything except the top trim bought.  Our savings account has taken a huge hit with this project but we are only a few hundred dollars over budget.  One case of miss measuring, one cabinet damaged moving it and another where we changed our minds account for most of the overages.  That and our bad habit of : while we're at it we may as well.
One of the small things I am really liking is the little plungers we attached to the cabinet doors.  They stop the door from slamming shut by slowing them down and closing slowly.  It makes the kitchen so much quieter.  AH is making me hooks for the pot hanger from copper wire.  Regular S hooks are too tightly curve and too heavy gauge to work.  I can't wait to get the pans out of the cabinets.  After all the years of having them at my fingertips I really am ready to have them back that way.

Who knew I'd get so excited about something this small.

No comments:

Post a Comment