Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, May 18, 2015

kitchen update

We're getting closer still.  The things we need to finish in the kitchen are mostly the small things that don't show up well in pictures.  The trim will be started today and with the weather we've been having who knows when we will get the table and chairs painted. It does seem with little things they are never ending because putting them off does not affect the function of the room.  We did get the can cabinet finished and filled.  It sure is handy to just pull open a door and have all the cans visible at one time.  The light over the table is a vintage Moe Light mid century modern shade coupled with a ceiling fan globe.  This shade was originally meant to be hung design side down but that looked like it would be a perfect bug/ dust  catcher so I wanted it turned the other way.  It's a good thing I have such a talented husband.  I can come up  with the design ideas but he has to come up with ways to make them work.  The shade was found in my father-in-laws work shop after he passed away.  It was brand new and still in the box.  I did look it up and the same shade on E bay was selling for several hundred dollars. This is hung high enough, I don't think any curious kitties can grab hold and swing from it.

Old light that will be converted to an outdoor solar chandy

New light during installation.  We tied dental floss on it to get the balance right while hanging

This shade is 26" wide and the design is beautiful when lit.  From the early 60's.

I love the can cabinet, I can see what I need at a glance.

Open shelves filled, the color helps break up all the black along those two walls.  I love having my bowls and cups hanging under the cabinets with cup hooks.  It saves a ton of storage space in the cabinets.  When those hooks are empty it's time to wash dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment