Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, October 6, 2014

trash desk

I found the base for this cute desk in a free pile at a sale.  Both drop leaves were gone and the corner of the top had been cut off.  I took off the top, did a little tightening on the legs and gave that a coat of black satin paint.  I called our local lumber yard and they cut and delivered the boards for the top.  No charge isn't that amazing?  I stenciled on the numbers I cut on my Cricut.  A couple of braces underneath holds the top pieces together.  A coat of stain, distressing and coat of wax finished the job.  I love it so much I may have to keep this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment