Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

doily bowls

I love old linens and doilies but my cats think they are toys so I don't use too many of them in the house.  I had seen these stiffened bowls several times and decided to give them a try.  Just immerse your clean, pressed doily in Stiffy or Elmers glue, press out the excess and drape over a bowl until dry, 24-48 hours. It works best to have a bowl tall enough so the edges don't land on your counter top, unless you want a rim on your bowl.  I also used canning jars. Gently peel off and you have your bowl.  I did try using fabric doilies with had crocheted lace but the fabric on some of them was too fragile and tore apart as I was removing it.  Just a hint, this is messy.  Cover all your surfaces with wax paper before you start.




No comments:

Post a Comment